HD-TVI means High Definition Transport Video Interface, It is a DSP-TVI technology developed by Techpoint(2012), and the Chipset was sold to Intersil , Chinese manufacture, such as Hikvision, HanBang, put this technology into their new products.
The feature of HD-TVI:
● 1080P/720P( 25/30 fps) video signal
● Long transmission distance at 300-500 m
● No Video loss
● Real-time preview without delay
● Transmit video signal, audio signal and dual-way data communication, 3 signal transmissions over one coaxial cable.
● Follows the same connection structure with original analog system without cable (Coax / UTP) change, which means users can just change their old analog cameras and DVRs to TVI cameras and DVRs to get a brand new1080p surveillance system.
HD-TVI vs HD-SDI
So in conclusion, the advantage of HD-TVI compared with HD-SDI is
● Longer transmission distance(without boost)
● Affordable Price
● Better Anti-interference and Reliability
HD-TVI vs IPC
So compared with IPC, the advantage of HD-TVI is
● No compression, so no video quality loss.
● Real-time video display, without any transmission signal delay.
● Low requirement for network bandwidth.
HD-TVI vs HD-CVI
TVI comes from a US-based company that does not supply to only one manufacture, the chipset is open, not sealed, you can DIY your HD-TVI system with different brand. while HD-CVI, no matter camera or DVR, should be bought from original company or authorized company.